Govardhan Puja is celebrated on the next day of Deepawali. People also know it by the names of Annakoot. This festival has great importance in Indian life. In this festival has its own recognition and folklore. Cows are worshiped in the Govardhan Puja. It is said in the scriptures that the cow is sacred like the Ganga in rivers. Gordhan is worshiped on the day of Kartik Shukla Paksha Pratipada, and as a symbol of the cow’s cow.
When Krishan kept the Govardhan mountain on his smallest finger for seven days to avoid the torrential rain of the Brajwasi people, and the Gopi Gokis remained happily in his shadow.
On the seventh day God kept Govardhan down and ordered every year to observe the Annakoot festival by worshiping Govardhan. Since then, the celebration began to be celebrated as Annakoot.
Govardhan Pooja Vidhi 2019 | Govardhan Puja 2019 Details
- Govardhan is made from cow dung this morning. In many places, it is made of human beings and decorated with flowers, vendors etc. Govardhan is worshiped in the evening. Pooja is used in sunlight, lamp, nayadya, water, fruits, flowers, khail, teller etc.
- After the worship, seven Parikramas of Govardhan are planted while speaking their jay. At the time of the orbiting, a person walks with a lot of water and other khail (barley) in his hand. The people with water loses the currents of water and other barley sowing the orbits.
- Govardhaji is made as a man lying in a dung. In place of their navel, a lamp of bowl or soil is kept. Then milk, yogurt, gangaajal, honey, gooseberry etc are added in the worship and later it divides it in the form of prasad.
- Chandra-Darshan is considered inauspicious in Annakuta. If there is a second in the pratipada then the Annakoot Amavasya is celebrated.
- The oil should be washed in the morning.
- On this day artisans working in crafts and tomorrow-factories also worship Lord Vishwakarma. On this day, all tomorrow-factories are completely closed, artisans running a cottage industry at home also do not work. Lord Vishwakarma and machines and equipment are worshiped in the afternoon.